About eset license manager

Today I try the new license manager, and when I enter it a funny thing occurs. It says that my license is over-used and a lot of repeated pc appears. My-PC, My-PC1,My-PC2.....

So every time I format my pc, the license manager creates a new PC!! So I have 1 license for 1 pc and the manager was counting at least 10 pc. Luckily eset didn´t blacklisted me!

I have deleted all the repeated pcs, and now it´s OK.

Edited by jlmcr87

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Deactivation should be performed automatically if ESET's products are properly uninstalled from a device.

When you format a PC you don´t waste time uninstalling ESET.....

Why don´t you simply remove old devices without connection in for example 1 or 2 months? As i said i have at least 10 old devices. I could have been banned without reason.

Edited by jlmcr87

On 10/25/2017 at 2:15 PM, Marcos said:

Deactivation should be performed automatically if ESET's products are properly uninstalled from a device.

Yesterday, Friday October 27, I installed ESET Internet Security over ESET Smart Security (not a clean install). The upgrade performed flawlessly. The same USER ID, Key and expiration date remained unchanged. I then checked License Manager and I had 4 recorded licenses. 3 for my PC and one for my wife's. I deleted two of the older ones for my PC and am back to the legitimate 2 subscriptions.

This morning, Saturday, I updated up wife's PC from ESS to EIS and License Manager now showed 2 installations for her PC. I deleted the older of the 2 and we are back to being "normal". It would appear that updating a product to the next major release sparks another entry in the ESET database. Luckily, the License Manager allows one to correct the issue.

marcos a huge issue with this method is say i have a client who uses eset (i have a LOT who do) and lets say as an example their hard drive dies and they are unable to uninstall eset before we replace it and reinstall windows and then eset. or perhaps their os crashes and is in a boot loop or whatever the case be in these cases they can not remove eset first. if you can see my point?? there are many times legit reasons people have multiple installs on one device.