Fail to deploy Security Product to SUSE12

Hello,

After starting my Era Agent manually on my Linux Server SUSE12 (https://forum.eset.com/topic/12982-service-start-failed-on-suse12/), I was able to see my server on my Remote Administrator Console.

I tried to remotely install a Security Product with a Client Task.
I made a new Client Task to deploy "ESET Antivirus for Linux - Business Edition; Version 4.0.85.0 for Linux (SUSE, FEDORA, UBUNTU, MANDRIVA, DEBIAN, RED HAT), LANGUAGE FR_FR" with my new server on the target list.

This deployment failed, I can see this in the client task history :

• Progress : Task failed, try to install software manually.
  • Trace Message : Failed to install binary package '/tmp/a612-5c50-6bc9-7064/ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux' with exit code: 126, stdout: , stderr:

Here is the trace.log from the SUSE Server :

2017-08-30 13:29:57 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 7feb99433700]: SoftwareInstallation: Task execution failed with: SoftwareInstallation: Failed to install binary package '/tmp/a612-5c50-6bc9-7064/ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux' with exit code: 126, stdout: , stderr:

Here is the software-install.log from the SUSE Server :

sh: /tmp/a612-5c50-6bc9-7064/ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux: Permission denied

The "/tmp/a612-5c50-6bc9-7064/" was created with CHMOD 750 and the "/tmp/" is CHMOD 777.
Here is my /tmp mount :

/dev/sda1 on /var/tmp type btrfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=281,subvol=/@/var/tmp)

What should I do?
Is there a way to have my /tmp mount with noexec parameter and deploy through Remote Administrator Console?

Regards,
Adrien

Edited by Adrien

• ESET Staff

Unfortunatelly this is a known issue with AGENT and it is tracked as improvement/issue for upcomming release.

It should be possible to workaround remote installation using "Run command" task with configuration of Command line to run with command similar to

(curl -o ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/eea/linux/v4/4.0.85.0/ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux && (echo "b1be807e3440210ea97fa54b263af99d30a7cf8d ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux" | sha1sum -c -) && chmod +x ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux && ./ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux --cfg=/dev/null ; rm -f ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux) > install.log 2>&1

and Working directory set to directory where AGENT will be able to execute downloaded installer. Command should download, verify, install UEAVBE. In this case, manual execution of "Activation task" will be required once product is installed and reported by AGENT.

Edited by MartinK

I'll try this but is it possible to use my ERA Server as the repository URL?

My servers don't have direct access to Internet, only the ERA Server can access to eset.com.

• ESET Staff
On 31/08/2017 at 2:20 PM, Adrien said:

I'll try this but is it possible to use my ERA Server as the repository URL?

My servers don't have direct access to Internet, only the ERA Server can access to eset.com.

Theoretically you could re-use "Apache Tomcat" (used to host ERA Webconsole) to share installer file. Any other HTTP server could be possibly used, but there is no direct support in ERA itself.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
I tried to execute your command locally but I got this error:

error[06a60000]: Please install the following files or packages: glibc.i686

I have already installed glibc-32bits and I downloaded ueavbe.x86_64.fr.linux (so the 64bits version).
Why does installation ask me this? What should I do?