How to rollback v10.1.219.0 to previous 10.0.390.0?

Page42

I have started encountering email and browser problems immediately after doing an ESET NOD32 program update to 10.1.219.0.

These issues involve another program, Sandboxie, that has been running on my two Windows 7x64 computers for many years.

Without going into detail about these issues, I will say that on the 7x64 box which I have NOT upgraded to 10.1.219.0, these browser and email problems do not exist.

I doubt that there is anything that ESET will do to fix compatibility with SBIE (which, by the way, was fine until this latest upgrade), so I would like advice on how to rollback ESET to v10.0.390.0.

TYVM

Issue can happen if you use many malware protection and decrease computer performance.    May be it is Sandboxie that is not compatible with Nod32 and not the opposite !

You can find and download nod32 10.0.390.0 with a google search but not from the Eset web site.   It is at your own risk.    Uninstall your actual version, reboot and install the one you want.   But if you got from other site the nod32 web installer, you may not succeed.  I didnt test if it works.

Some years ago we can download any version of Eset product from the web site, now i didnt find how we can.

Edited by pygocentrus

I had success using the Setup Wizard's Repair feature in Control Panel Programs section.  Obviously some corruption somewhere in the initial install.

6 hours ago, pygocentrus said:

You can find and download nod32 10.0.390.0 with a google search but not from the Eset web site.   It is at your own risk. 

The 10.1.219.0 upgrade came via the ESET internal program updater.

Page42 glad you were able to repair it.

Contrary to what pygocentrus indicated, you can download a previous version, then uninstall 10.1.219.0 and install whatever version you want (if needed).

See: http://support.eset.com/kb2885/

Just be sure to uncheck any boxes (if there are any)  that ask you to install the latest version 10.1.219.0.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can also roll back module updates if necessary (i.e... A new product update is unstable or corrupt).

http://support.eset.com/kb3351/

Edited by TomFace
added kb3351

Thanks, TomFace.  

Now THAT's what I call a very helpful response, speaking directly to what I asked about!  Had I not been able to fix the issue via the Repair feature, I would have been all over that module update rollback.

I'll now have this thread saved for future reference.

Thank you again.  

• 2 weeks later...

Page42,  just to clarify and as my pc is running the same combo of Win7/64 bit with sandboxie - you no longer think that there is any issue between the two and that the orginal problem was "just" some corruption during the update process?

On 8/19/2017 at 2:57 PM, beethoven said:

Page42,  just to clarify and as my pc is running the same combo of Win7/64 bit with sandboxie - you no longer think that there is any issue between the two and that the orginal problem was "just" some corruption during the update process?

Hello beethoven,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I just saw your post.

Yes, there is no longer any issue.  It most definitely was some corruption during the update process, and I was fortunately able to fix the problem via the Setup Wizard's Repair feature in Control Panel Programs section.

HTH

Page42

Thanks Page42,  no worries. Seems this update did not contain many new important features or bug fixes, so I was happy to wait for a bit. Probably will go through with it in a few days when I have a bit more time on my hands.

Cheers

Beethoven

On 7 août 2017 at 6:17 PM, TomFace said:

Page42 glad you were able to repair it.

Contrary to what pygocentrus indicated, you can download a previous version, then uninstall 10.1.219.0 and install whatever version you want (if needed).

See: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2885/

Just be sure to uncheck any boxes (if there are any)  that ask you to install the latest version 10.1.219.0.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can also roll back module updates if necessary (i.e... A new product update is unstable or corrupt).

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3351/

Happy to know it is possible this way, it is just bad i didn't find it, it was more easy in earlier time.     Must be more easy to find with a link in the download page and name "previous version"

Edited by pygocentrus