win32.auslogics

• Administrators

It's not detected as malware but as a potentially unwanted application which is optional detection. You can exclude it from detection in case you want to continue using it and don't want to disable PUA detection completely.

Sure, but I'm still confused why it's a PUA. TO me, PUAs are stuff like the ASK Toolbar, things that install themselves in the background without permission, trackers, etc. Whereas Auslogic's disk defragger does exactly what it claims to do and it does it very well. And I use the Portable version from their website, which doesn't even install anything.

I've unblocked it and allowed it, I'm just very surprised.

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, jimwillsher said:

Sure, but I'm still confused why it's a PUA. TO me, PUAs are stuff like the ASK Toolbar, things that install themselves in the background without permission, trackers, etc. Whereas Auslogic's disk defragger does exactly what it claims to do and it does it very well. And I use the Portable version from their website, which doesn't even install anything.

I've unblocked it and allowed it, I'm just very surprised.

Looks like other programs such as malwarebytes class it as a pua/pup. Googling it the first thing i saw claimed after unticking stuff such as instal ask it was ignored and installed. Sometimes PUAs can simply be programs that ask you during installation to instal other stuff or try during and after to get you to try their other programs. PUAs are often still useful programs to people and its down to the user to decide.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone advise me how I exclude Win32/Auslogics.F from being detected as a PuA? Every single day i'm getting alerted to the AusLogics Disk Defrag utility, which IMHO is not a PuA. So each day I choose "No action" (as opposed to Clean or Delete) and the warning goes away, until the next day. I don't reaelly want to disable PuA checks globally, but equally, I don't want to delete this utility which I do use frequently.

Happy to disable via EEA 6.6 Beta or ERA 6.5. I just need to know how. 

Many thanks

Jim