One version of Eset idea

• Most Valued Members

I was just wondering, apart from the extras like the password manager and anti-theft and so on, is there anything different in each Eset version?

The reason I'm asking this is I have noticed lately in the forums a lot of people accidentally downloading the wrong version for their license e.g. downloading smart security premium rather than internet security. They then have to uninstall/download and instal the correct version.

This got me thinking. Rather than having separate versions would it be technically possible to have one version? The idea is that certain parts would be locked without the correct license. This would mean that if someone wanted to upgrade they wouldn't need a new version and would simply put in their new license to unlock the previously locked features. This would also mean if someone wanted to downgrade they wouldn't have to uninstal, they would just put in their newer lower license and have the higher up features locked again.

Obviously this might be more complicated than it sounds but thought I'd suggest it. The only problem I can see user wise is having the tools on their computer taking up space but unable to use them. This could possibly be solved by having the tools like modules and not actually stored on the computer. Basically when the higher up version is unlocked these tools could then be downloaded via the program automatically.

Again this could be more complicated than it sounds but it would mean Eset would only need one version, one download etc.

Thanks 

Peter

• Administrators

It's actually not a new idea and maybe in the future installers will work like that.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's actually not a new idea and maybe in the future installers will work like that.

I suppose with live installers downloading the latest version you could set it so putting your licence would download the correct version