Endpoint 6.5 XP problem

grzesieks7

Hi,

After installing Endpoint Protection 6.5 on Windows XP SP3 I have a problem with Security Center.

Esset says that there is Maximal protection but under it something like this is written:

Configuring full protection

Waiting for ther registration in Windows Security Center (translated from Polish)

The problem is on all XP which have reinstalled  EP 6.5

I tried hxxp://support.eset.com/kb217/?viewlocale=pl_PL

Nothing helps :(

Maybe someone had a similar problem with XP and may help to solve it?.

• 2 weeks later...

Why in God's name you try to install a up to date Virusscanner on a OS which has reach end of Support 2014?

Sorry but this is realy strange. XP should not connect to the internet at any time.

• Administrators

There are still many users, even corporate ones, who are running old unsupported and vulnerable systems. Installing any security software on them does not substitute the need for upgrade to a modern and fully supported OS for which regular security updates are released.

As for the issue, I'd try uninstalling EES and installing it from scratch so that it's re-registered to WSC.

HSW - it's not answer for the question. Look at the ess packet  - XP is still supported with sp3. It will not be goood idea answering for all post even you when you do not know answer at all...

There is a lot of XP users, sometime they have to, sometime they like.

Marcos - thanks, I tried without success. I had to reenable SC by gpo - thanks to polish eset support. Now it works. Strange thing that 6.4 worked without it.

Case closed.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, grzesieks7 said:

HSW - it's not answer for the question. Look at the ess packet  - XP is still supported with sp3. It will not be goood idea answering for all post even you when you do not know answer at all...

He meant that Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP quite long ago. Without security patches, Windows XP will remain vulnerable to attacks no matter what security software you'll install.

On ‎06‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:13 AM, Marcos said:

He meant that Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP quite long ago. Without security patches, Windows XP will remain vulnerable to attacks no matter what security software you'll install.

Exactly what i mean, why not use a secure OS before thinking about to use a modern version of antivirus software? This was a answer to your question! The risk to use XP + Internet Connection is to much. We must also use some special machines with XP but without Internet Connection.