Pissed American

tului

As a long time customer and American expat, I am infuriated by trying to use your website. Upon typing in eset.com I get the localised Mexican version. I am NOT given the option to select any country outside of Latin America. So while I could in theory select the US and be given the US version of the site, apparently your web site thinks that part of the world does not exist. Until you give me the option to download and try and buy the software in English, you've lost my business. Shame too, with Windows 8.1 out I was looking to upgrade several PCs to 2 year plans. Attached is a photo showing the apparent extent of a Latin's knowledge of the countries of the world.

Edit: offending words removed

post-10-0-53869800-1382098065_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hello,

Are you able to select country on www.eset.com as follows? The Latin America department is responsible for distributing ESET's products in Latin America only so it makes sense they limit country selection in order to provide their customers with as accurate information as possible. Now investigating if it'd be possible to add country selection after clicking the globe icon as it is on other ESET's websites.

Edit: the website has been fixed and clicking the globe icon will enable you to select the desired country.

post-10-0-58397900-1382079609_thumb.png

When i type in eset.com from my local area , it goes straight to eset.com/us which is the United States.

I think you would end up there if you clicked a link from google or yahoo after doing a search for eset.com and it just happened to be the eset.com/la - latin version of the site.

Just saying <_<

• Former ESET Employees

When i type in eset.com from my local area , it goes straight to eset.com/us which is the United States.

I think you would end up there if you clicked a link from google or yahoo after doing a search for eset.com and it just happened to be the eset.com/la - latin version of the site.

Just saying <_<

Based on what he posted (American expat), I believe the OP is not currently located in the United States which would explain why he's getting a localized website from our Latin American region.

That said, you should be able to download and install the product you purchased in any language that's offered worldwide. That option should appear in the opening screen when the Live Installer is run. If you download the offline installer, you can replace "ESL" in the URL for the .msi file to "ENU" to download the English version. So for instance, download.eset.com/.../ess_nt64_esl.msi becomes download.eset.com/.../ess_nt64_enu.msi