Activate new clients

I have an ERA 6.4.295.0 installation and I am trying to activate 2 new computers. I have started with the first one. I installed the agent successfully because I can see the computer name in question under "Not activated Security Product" and all the computer details listed when I look for details. So I guess it is "reading" everything from the client.

The problem is that the activate task is failing. Where can I see the cause of the fail? Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

• ESET Staff

You can see details in the client details of the particular computer / tasks / history:

To troubleshoot activation issues, you will most probably need to try to do a manual activation, on the affected client, and observer the particular ECP Error message it would give you. To get more insight about various ECP errors, go to this KB article:

http://support.eset.com/kb2434/

task history.png

Edited by MichalJ

Thank you for your answer. I'm not sure I have the same version as in the photo... I cannot find the "history" selection anywhere.

58e252b7854a5_ScreenShot2017-04-03at4_47_28.png.ca8476a8b92b0a9d37d98139e2e4ac61.png

• Administrators

MichalJ's screen shot is from the latest ERA v6.5 and it was taken from the screen that appears after selecting "Details" in the menu shown in your screen shot.

In order to activate Endpoint manually, open the main Endpoint gui, navigate to Help and support and click the "Manage license" button. You will be provided with 3 activation options: activation using a license key, via a security admin or using an offline license file.