Migrating version 6 endpoints

Hi,

We're migrating a customer currently with managed version 6 from another provider to our own version 6 ERAS server. We were looking to replace their Eset Remote Agent with our own. Just wondering if there's a easy/seamless way to do this outside of the ERAS? We've tested and tried to install our ERA msi and mft over the top and this hasn't worked. Just wondering if the prior remote agent has to be uninstalled and/or computer restarted before installing our ERA or if there is a way to install over the top? Cheers.

• ESET Staff

You can install over, however in case the version installed is older than the version you ate installing you need to do it twice. The first attempt will perform "upgrade", the second will perform "repair" during which it will change server connection info, and certificates to connect it to a new (your) server.

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried reinstalling over the top with an msi and transforms file on a couple of test Windows 10 workstations.
Based on the below KB implying that its possible.

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3701/
Using the below msiexec command as an example:
msiexec.exe /i "C:\Folder\ERAgent_x64.msi" /qn /l*v "C:\Folder\ra-agent-install.log" TRANSFORMS="C:\Folder\Test.mst"

The above files are in their applicable folder but I'm getting 1603 and 1625 errors when running it.
The above installs our agent if I uninstall the other agent software first.