ESET CyberSecurity Pro 6.3.70.1 for macOS 10.12.1 - Startup Issue

Hi.

I am experiencing a slow startup issue with ESET CyberSecurity Pro 6.3.70.1 for macOS Sierra 10.12.1. 
I am facing a very long pause (anywhere from 2 minutes) after logging in. The desktop loads, regular startup items load and right before ESET loads, the mouse cursor turns to a spinning beachball. 
Both WiFi and wired network connections hang at this point as well. 
Sometimes I can open Activity Monitor and view the status of running applications. Usually, I always find the 'systemuiserver' process stuck in a not responding state. 
If I can open System Preferences, the Network settings window is blank and does not display any network adapters.

Uninstalling ESET resolves the issue.

Thanks for your help.
Bruno

I had this same problem, and when removing ESET the issue would subside. However, I wasn't going to accept that as a resolution as ESET makes a true security product and these guys/girls are always able to help with or escalate issues. That being said, I did some digging of my own so that I was able to provide them with as much information as I could when presenting the issue. I use their business products at work, so I'm fully aware of the firm grip ESET puts on a machine. I started looking into why is this during "startup or restart". It turned out it was not ESET that was a problem in and of itself, but rather how it interacted with a particular program during startup. For me, it was VMware Fusion. I didn't investigate further, but I'm sure I could go back and get my logs if needed. Clearing some of these items mentioned in this article: hxxp://www.macworld.com/article/2047747/take-control-of-startup-and-login-items.html fixed my problem. I've also learned not to touch anything until CyberSecurity Pro starts completely, and then click on things such as the WiFi icon, etc. I hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Edited by whitelistCMD

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

we have a release candidate version, which should fix the issue.

If you are interested in a private test please send me and TomasP a private message with a reference to this forum topic.

Regards, P.R.