Server ERA PROXY/PROXY HTTP

Primuwidi

I have configured ERA PROXY and PROXY HTTP in a branch office on a server and the local machines must report only to that server, and that server reports to the ERA.

Apparently the machines are with their communication established with the ERA PROXY server because last connection information is being returned in the ERA Web console, there are five machines and one server (ERA PROXY) and three returns fault status in the recent update attempts, one That can not take license and another one is ok, updated and with no negative status whatsoever.

The machine that has LICENSE error, I even trying to locally activate with the license key I could not, I tried to uninstall and returned that I needed to be with administrator account and I was, so I had to uninstall manually with an ESET application via prompt Command and then reinstall, but it continued the same way.

I accessed one of the machines with failed status in the update attempts and it looks okay, it connects via telnet on ports 2222 and 3128 of ERA PROXY, but if I try to run local update, nothing happens, but it has a message on the interface where I run updates Saying to be in the last. In Trace the agent log of this machine has the following error: Performupdate: Module update failed with error: Download interrupted. (Error code 8453). I do not know what to do, I tried to stop the firewall and it still did not help. I did not understand why one of the machines is ok and the other 4 is not.

All machines are running Windows 7 Enterprise and are x86. If you can help me, I appreciate it.

I'm sorry for the writing errors, I do not speak English, I'm using a translator.

post-8984-0-93397800-1480529826_thumb.png

post-8984-0-81223000-1480529835_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

Could you please check Apache HTTP Proxy logs (error_log or error.log in logs sub-directory) for possible problems? Also I would double check HTTP Proxy configuration for both AGENT and EES as it is different policy type. Mentioned error indicates that connection to either proxy or server was successful, but data of requested file was not received properly, i.e. connection was closed before file was fully downloaded.

What version of Apache HTTP Proxy and ERA are you using?

Could you please check Apache HTTP Proxy logs (error_log or error.log in logs sub-directory) for possible problems? Also I would double check HTTP Proxy configuration for both AGENT and EES as it is different policy type. Mentioned error indicates that connection to either proxy or server was successful, but data of requested file was not received properly, i.e. connection was closed before file was fully downloaded.

What version of Apache HTTP Proxy and ERA are you using?

Sorry, could you point me to the location of these HTTP Proxy files that you want me to collect?

What about the settings, do I want to export policy settings?

I await and appreciate your help.

• ESET Staff

Sorry, could you point me to the location of these HTTP Proxy files that you want me to collect?

HTTP Proxy logs should be located in C:\Program Files\Apache HTTP Proxy\logs\

Regarding configuration, it is easiest to request exported configuration from client computer (client details -> configuration -> request configuration) and check it once it is received. You should be able to see whether AGENT is configured to use HTTP Proxy as expected.

HTTP Proxy logs should be located in C:\Program Files\Apache HTTP Proxy\logs\

Regarding configuration, it is easiest to request exported configuration from client computer (client details -> configuration -> request configuration) and check it once it is received. You should be able to see whether AGENT is configured to use HTTP Proxy as expected.

First I'll leave the dp HTTP Proxy error log, soon I'll be posting the machine settings. I appreciate it.

http-proxy-error.log

• ESET Staff

First I'll leave the dp HTTP Proxy error log, soon I'll be posting the machine settings. I appreciate it.

Is this log complete? There seems to be only older entries indicating connection problem - machine hosting Apache HTTP Proxy has direct visibility to internet or it connect to another proxy? It seems that it was not able to connect to ESET servers which resulted in failure.

Is this log complete? There seems to be only older entries indicating connection problem - machine hosting Apache HTTP Proxy has direct visibility to internet or it connect to another proxy? It seems that it was not able to connect to ESET servers which resulted in failure.

My page did not update and I did not see your answer. Yes, this server that appended the Apache log is the ERA Proxy + HTTP Proxy server, and it connects to the ERA server, to return information and also to fetch updates and thus create the local chache. I attached the complete log, I had not tried the date, so probably everything is ok today because this server is fully updated.

And this morning when I accessed the ERA I was in the group where this ERA Proxy + HTTP Proxy server and the branch machines, I identified that of 5 machines only two still are not able to update, they are in the status of "Failed to try Update ". The last log I posted is from one of these machines.