Client upgrades.

I want to be able to push out an upgrade for the Eset Endpoint Security clients here to the latest build (6.1 -> 6.4). Predictably creating a task, trigger and executing ASAP does nothing. Is there a way this can be done or does it have to be accomplished manually? Disabling Eset via Services.msc seems to be the only way to stop it to allow for an upgrade, the upgraded client attempts to stop the service but fails meaning I don't even think a push from Remote Administrator would work anyway.

Edited by EsetuserBP

• ESET Staff

What do you mean, that the task does nothing? What task you have created? 

What you need to do, is to create a "Software install task", choose the corresponding build of ESET Endpoint Security from repository (6.4.xxxx.x) and target this task your computers.

It will then install newer version of EES over the older ones and it should achieve what what you were expecting. 

What do you mean, that the task does nothing? What task you have created? 

What you need to do, is to create a "Software install task", choose the corresponding build of ESET Endpoint Security from repository (6.4.xxxx.x) and target this task your computers.

It will then install newer version of EES over the older ones and it should achieve what what you were expecting. 

Thanks for the reply. I've followed the instructions as indicated in this article: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3605/?locale=en_US

However, having created the task and trigger for my own PC it fails and I am told to try and install the software manually. Additionally when I try and manually install an upgraded client onto a machine it tries to stop the currently running Eset service but fails. This can obviously be circumvented by disabling the Eset service on startup in services.msc.

Edited by EsetuserBP

• ESET Staff

Hello,

It seems like a problem that requires further troubleshooting.

What we need is the install log from the failed installation attempt (local) + process monitor dump from the time, when the installation fails due to ekrn stop failing, so we can analyse the root cause, as in general, this is a supported scenario, that is regularly tested and should work.

PS: Does it also happen after complete computer restart?