Nod32 installed on Ubuntu 16.04 kernel/nvidia updates break apt / desktop

I am running Kubuntu 16.04 (although same happens with Ubuntu 16.04), I have a Nvidia GPU.

Once I have installed nod32, I cannot install any kernel or nvidia updates to my system.

To make matters worse when changing the nvidia package it leave apt in a broken state with uninstalled nvidia driver, if I were to reboot in that state I would have an unbootable system (at least to the desktop)

If I either try to upgrade the kernel package or change the nvidia driver apt gets stuck - I believe this is due to re-creating the initrd file...

i.e (during a kernel update)

run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 4.4.0-28-generic /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-28-generic
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/dkms 4.4.0-28-generic /boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-28-generic

-> It gets stuck here - the only way to get out is to CTRL+Z (background it) - then kill the apt pid - this leave apt broken and you have to do a 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' but that cannot complete whilst eset nod32 is installed...

Once I have uninstalled nod32 apt works fine.

It seems related to the regeneration of the initrd file, please can you investigate this as it makes the product unusable on ubuntu systems (and WILL leave non advanced users with broken systems)

It is not just me having the issues I have seen a few threads i.e

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2329082&page=7

hxxp://askubuntu.com/questions/768892/kernel-update-gets-stuck-ubuntu-16-04-kernel-4-4-0-22/818637#818637