adware jetswap

Conder

Any idea how to get rid? We're running Current version of smart Security so not sure how it got on!!!

If we run a scan it finds it says it cleaned it and then it re-appears after a reboot.

I think this is a PUP.

A few things you could try.

Boot to safe mode and run a scan.

Start the scan going in eset with option *dont auto clean after scan, then process kill your explorer.exe then process the cleaning in eset and reboot.

Manually delete the PUP from the registery in safe mode and delete all files folders associated with it. Then run a reg clean with ccleaner.

Before any of this i would recommend following these procedures to help Eset get a handle on it if there are removal issues :
hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141&locale=en_US

Edited by Arakasi

I think this is a PUP.

Start the scan going in eset with option *dont auto clean after scan, then process kill your explorer.exe then process the cleaning in eset and reboot.

Manually delete the PUP from the registery in safe mode and delete all files folders associated with it. Then run a reg clean with ccleaner.

Before any of this i would recommend following these procedures to help Eset get a handle on it if there are removal issues :

PUP?

I think this is a PUP.

PUP?

Got it Potentially unwanted program.

I'm going around in circles with this!!

• Administrators

Please post here a complete record from your ESET Threat log containing the full path to the file, the detection name as well as some other information.