Convert from Virtual Appliance

Hey Everyone,

I searched around the forum and I did not see an answer for this. If I am running the Virtual Appliance, is there a way for me to convert that to a Windows Server 20012 R2? Meaning can I back up all my clients and configs and restore to the Windows platform. 

It seems like the Virtual Appliance is next to impossible to manage and upgrade. 

Thank you,

Chris 

• ESET Staff

Migration to Windows is possibly in case you wish to use MySQL database (of the same version as in appliance, i.e. 5.6) - migration between database types is not possible.

Technically you have to migrate content of ERA database as it contains almost everything, including configuration, clients and received data (logs). Please check relevant documentation article for this scenario.

• ESET Staff

Also, if you were using the older version of the appliance (6.3) I would recommend to try to migrate the database contents to the newer appliance, which is based on CentOS 7, and features the webmin interface, which makes it simpler for upgrading components, as well as the contents of the operating systems. I would suggest following those steps: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_deploy_va/64/en-US/index.html?pull_db_from_other_server.htm

Also, we will release a newer version of 6.4 appliance, with couple of fixed bugs either at the end of this, or the beginning of the next week. I would recommend to wait for that one, prior to attempting the database migration.