Eset WIndows Defender clash

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I have Eset smart security v 9.0.396.0 installed. I updated windows 10 to v 1607 recently(64 bit). After the update, I am facing problem regarding eset ss. I have windows defender which I have disabled, but it keeps switching on after a period of time. So, it leads to clashes between Eset and defender, as both will be turned on at the same time. Under 'security and maintenance' tab, it doesn't show eset as available anti virus, but shows defender.

How do I set eset in above case? And does defender eset clash matters?

• Administrators
  • Solution

Is the Action center reporting that no antivirus protection is installed? Could you try starting Windows in safe mode and deleting the value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WscState? This will cause ESET to re-register to WSC and Windows should recognize ESET correctly. Most likely within next week we are planning to address this automatically via a program update.

Hello,

I did as you told. I went to regedit and deleted 'EscState' file. When i restarted my PC in normal boot up, my 'security and maintenance' tab was now recognising Eset SS as antivirus tool and had switched off Windows Defender as Eset ss was monitoring it.

Solved my problem. Thank you very much for your help.