ERA 6.3 | Failure to install ERA Agent on Mac

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

It seems it ended up blocked during initialization. Step that should follow was supposed to get version of installed Endpoint security product. During this process we start sub-command executing esets_daemon executable and this can theoretically never end ... could you please check whether there is visible sub-process of ERAAgent? I guess there is Endpoint Antivirus installed?

You may try this call manually in case ESET security product is installed:

/Applications/ESET\ Endpoint\ Antivirus.app/Contents/MacOS/esets_daemon --version

Also please check whether log has not changes after kill as trace.log is cached and maybe missing content was flushed after process stopped.

I can tell for certain Log hasn't changed.

I can confirm there is an esets_daemon installed although i haven't checked its version (will do that on my next interacation with the client (might be only tuesday as 4th of July is on Monday.

Is there any option to simply uninstall the Endpoint AV from the mac using shell? if it'll solve it faster, i don't mind it, as once i get the ERA working i can simply install the EAV again using the web console

• ESET Staff

Is there any option to simply uninstall the Endpoint AV from the mac using shell? if it'll solve it faster, i don't mind it, as once i get the ERA working i can simply install the EAV again using the web console

There should be script for this purpose located here:

/Applications/<APPNAME>/Contents/Helpers/Uninstaller.app/Contents/Scripts/uninstall.sh

Hi Martin,

Just updating you on the state of things.

Managed to uninstall both AV and ERAAgent from the computer with the blocked "Agent" thus managing to reinstall everything for a smooth working process. 

Thank you so much for all the help, I truly am appreciate it.

All 3 computers are up and running with the latest and greatest 6.2.7.0