How to make a policy from an imported config file

Hello,

In our network, we had Era V5 running and all clients were perfectly configured. Now I implemented the ERA V6 as new Server via the .ovf Appliance and at this time I'm pushing the Agent to the clients, but before I push the Antivir V6 to the clients, I want to "save" the config for reapplying.

When I export a config from a client, I recieve a .xml file, but when I try to import it in the ERAC as a new policy, I get an error: "wrong format". I found a client task, to export the configuration to the server directly. This run without errors, but now I don't know where the configuration ist stored and how I can apply it to a new policy for rollout to other clients????

Or is there a possibility to apply the .xml file to clients via ERAC (and not manually!)?

Thanks a lot for any tip!

• ESET Staff

Hello,

In our network, we had Era V5 running and all clients were perfectly configured. Now I implemented the ERA V6 as new Server via the .ovf Appliance and at this time I'm pushing the Agent to the clients, but before I push the Antivir V6 to the clients, I want to "save" the config for reapplying.

When I export a config from a client, I recieve a .xml file, but when I try to import it in the ERAC as a new policy, I get an error: "wrong format". I found a client task, to export the configuration to the server directly. This run without errors, but now I don't know where the configuration ist stored and how I can apply it to a new policy for rollout to other clients????

Or is there a possibility to apply the .xml file to clients via ERAC (and not manually!)?

Thanks a lot for any tip!

Exported configuration can be seen (and requested) in client's details view, in subsection "Configuration". There will be also possibility to convert exported configuration to policy - which I guess is exactly what you want.