Saving and Uploading Files Freeze Win Explorer

Hi everyone,

I've recently became an owner of Smart Security 9 and I enjoyed the experience until I noticed that every time I 'Save As...' or 'Open...' a file it freezes the newly opened window for up to half a minute.

I've searched for some answers on my PC and related websites and kind of separated well-working components and it came to be that ESET seems to be the problem. It behaves like its doing something (scanning) to the chosen file for some time to then let go and let the system do his work.

My laptop is a HP Some Numbers

i5-3230m

GeForce 820m + integrated

4gb RAM

• Administrators

It's not clear how to reproduce the issue. What application do you have open when you click "Save as" or "Open" ? Does a local or remote folder open then? Do you use default settings?

What i mean is anytime I save an online file to my drive the window that opens up opens up frozen and does the same thing to the browser. This applies not only to browsers but any programs that load and save files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Does temporarily disabling real-time protection make a difference? If so, a log from Process Monitor might shed more light.