Eset Proxy

Dears

For Eset 6 proxy installed on branch office i would like to know how can i access client connected to it ..is it through main era server or locally in the branch office or same as server replication in v5 (both servers)

As this urgent task kindly advice

Office branch Client should connect to Era server through proxy. You can acces it (look on reports, alerts, send policies, send installation tasks etc.) by ERA6 www site.

But first, Client agent should have configuration to connect proxy on 2222 port, and proxy should have config to connect server on 2222. They all should have appropriate certificates ( for agent, proxy, CA), and open 2222 port on firewalls, if you use fqdn names don't forget to configure DNS

Edited by kubasz

dedicated interface? you mean network interface or GUI?

You can access era proxy through ssh (if its installed on linux or VM) e.g. for check logs. Era proxy doesn't have graphic interface, its only forwarding 'client - server' communication.

Management of office branch clients takes place on ERA server.

Edited by kubasz

• ESET Staff

Dears

For Eset 6 proxy installed on branch office i would like to know how can i access client connected to it ..is it through main era server or locally in the branch office or same as server replication in v5 (both servers)

As this urgent task kindly advice

Not sure I understand you correctly, but ERAv6 architecture is different. There should be only one ERA server in infrastructure which is collecting all logs. ERA Proxy is only used to redirect communication between clients and this main SERVER - mostly due to network traffic or visibility limitations. All clients are managed from main SERVER. In case for some reason you are not able to access Webconsole interface from specific part of network, it is also possible to deploy multiple tomcat instances (i.e. on the same machine as is PROXY) and configure Webconsole to communicate with remote ERA Server. Is this what you require?

OK i got it .. i just need to install Eset in large network with HQ and branches .. so the agent installed in the branches should be deployed from main server normally and then redirect them to Era proxy to reduce network traffic 

as in the KB:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3653/

Right ??

• ESET Staff

OK i got it .. i just need to install Eset in large network with HQ and branches .. so the agent installed in the branches should be deployed from main server normally and then redirect them to Era proxy to reduce network traffic 

as in the KB:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3653/

Right ??

Right. There is also alternative: when creating live installer or remote deployment task it is possibility to specify "server hostname", which is where newly installed AGENTs will be connecting to -> you may specify PROXY's hostname so that AGENTs are connecting to PROXY directly from beginning. Otherwise they would have to connect to SERVER for redirection configuration policy as in mentioned KB - which may not be possible for all scenarios.