Encrypted Network traffic, Untrusted certificate

Go to solution Solved by itman,

Hi,

I keep getting these pop-ups about untrusted certificates when i browse with Firefox, i really don`t know if i should allow or block and it can get really annoying after a while with these pop-ups. Can i disable these messages somehow?

post-12525-0-80009900-1465650870_thumb.jpg

Edited by frostyfreez

• Administrators

I'm unable to get to the site as the response is too slow and the connection is ultimately reset. I'd start with checking the system date and making sure it's set correctly. Also I assume that with SSL scanning disabled the browser would also warn you about untrusted certificate.

Hi Marcos,

This is just one out of many sites that ESET warns about, hence my question if there is a way to disable these messages and instead auto block/allow? For me as a average user, i really don`t know if i should block or allow. This decision should be not be placed on the user because i would assume that most will not have the knowledge if it`s a trusted certificate or not.

• Solution

This web site, dotomi.com, is using a self-signed root certificate.

If you want Eset to automatically block the connection to any site that does the same, you can set the TRCA certification option to "block" versus "ask" in the SSL protocol settings area as shown below. Note that by doing so, you will be blocked from accessing sites used by many small software developers and the like.

Note that the screen shot shown is for ver. 8:

post-6784-0-98629700-1465657750_thumb.png