Clients deactivated itself without doing anything in ERA

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Hi,

some of my Clients deactivated itself without doing anything...It's Endpoint Clients and FileSecurity Clients. And i can't re-activate them?? What could i check to resolve this problem??

• ESET Staff

Client in general should not deactivate itself. Are you sure, that somebody has not initiated deactivation using ESET License Administrator? I would recommend doing activation again.

hey,

i dont think that someone deactivated them. i already tried to reactivate them but it isnt working. manual activation isn't working too. - i can activate endpoint clients but im unable to activate filesecurity clients. - but the license is the same. ..

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Please send me your public license ID (in a message). I will check the validity of the license, in our licensing system.

• 3 months later...

Good morning!

One other question regarding (re-) activation of installed products..

Is there any reactivation of the installed ESET 6 product necessary after a given time (once per year for example) ?

Because we have a lot of computers here, which have not Internet- access anymore (denied by domain- policy), after they have been delivered to the user.

• ESET Staff

In case of internet connectivity - no, any change of a license is reflected into products automatically. In case of an offline environment, reactivation is needed as soon as the license expires, you will have to generate a new license file with new expiration date and activate clients with it.

But we have between 9000 and 10000 clients in our network worldwide which are connected to my ESET- server when the license expires..

Of course there are a LOT of computers without Internet connection by policy and by network structure..  Maybe we can change the policy to enable Internet connection for about one or two days, but changing the network structure

just for activating ESET ??

Is there any other solution possible, like extend the license with the same key for example.. ? Or any kind of offline reactivation like the KMS- service from Microsoft ... ?

• ESET Staff

Will you manage your clients using ESET Remote Administrator? If yes, then ERA is able to activate everything, regardless if it is online or offline (you can import the license into ERA server, both by license key, security admin account, or offline file). Offline file can then be pushed to Endpoints, but they will at least have connectivity to ERA server for this purpose.

When the license is extended, the clients activated "online" will receive the newer license information automatically, for the offline ones, you will have to create a new offline file, with extended validity, import it into ERA, and re-activate the clients with the new file.

Good morning MichalJ,

yes, of course we are using the ERA to manage the clients..

I think we can solve the problem with the online / offline activation features.

Thank you for the info.