ThreatSense2_Data Folder

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

We've noticed that the ThreatSense2_Data folder (C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\storage) has approximately 500,000 files and is 2GB in size. From the dates on some of the files, it doesn't appear to be cleaned up by any of the log cleanup tasks so I am trying to determine how to cleanup this folder. Can someone explain what this folder is for and how it can be cleaned? 

• Administrators
  • Solution

I assume you mean ERA v5. Are you using the latest version 5.3.33? Do you have ThreatSense.Net configured to submit suspicious files via ERA? Basically it should be ok to delete the content of that folder, just keep monitoring it afterwards. Should the number of files continue to grow, I'd recommend contacting Customer care and providing them with the content of that folder.

Yes, ERA v5 running 5.3.33. We do have ThreatSense.Net configured to send via ERA. I ended up moving the folder and found that ERA just created a new one. I see there are 19 files in the new folder, so it appears to be working again just starting a new collection of files.