Hello, i need to download something using MS SDM, it's just file download via port 80, but it's look like ESET checks every byte, which is very annoying, how can i temporarily stop it? I dont care about cpu usage, thats fine, almost idle. But HDD is between 60-90 % and the download even crash sometime and i think it's because of that.

Thx for reply

• Most Valued Members

Hello, i need to download something using MS SDM, it's just file download via port 80, but it's look like ESET checks every byte, which is very annoying, how can i temporarily stop it? I dont care about cpu usage, thats fine, almost idle. But HDD is between 60-90 % and the download even crash sometime and i think it's because of that.

Thx for reply

It wont be checking every byte as its downloading, are you sure there is not a HDD scan running in the background ??? You can temporarily disable the protection by right clicking on the ESET icon and choose "Temporarily Disable Protection". Or a better idea would be to pause the scan IF its running.

Edited by cyberhash

Thx for reply

Eset's Web Protocol Filtering feature by default checks incoming port 80 traffic for malware. The only way to stop this is to exclude the application from like scanning. Doing so puts you at risk since the purpose of Web Protocol Filtering is to scan download traffic at the network level prior to its arrival and storage on your hard drive.

So you will have to evaluate whether the elimination of the "annoyance" you mention is worth the risk.

BTW - You do not want to "Temporarily Disable Protection" to speed up your downloads!