Failed to read firewall configuration

Using the supplied uninstaller (this is what they should do) the above splash screen appears.  Obviously the "uninstaller" is not the correct word. 

Now, how does one properly uninstall the program in a WIN 7 64-bit machine?

It would have been nice to alert potential customers that this might happen.

Thanks

If it were i , i would boot safe mode then...

Un register all dlls and stop + delete services in registry

Delete program files location. Appdata and progdata locations etc

Then run cc cleaner registry scan to remove all missing reference keys.

Done.

Have you tried Add Remove Programs from control panel?

Is there a uninstaller00.exe in program files folder eset folder?

Maybe a mod can help soon.

Im mobile atm.

:)

Sorry for your troubles.

Using the supplied uninstaller (this is what they should do) the above splash screen appears.  Obviously the "uninstaller" is not the correct word. 

Now, how does one properly uninstall the program in a WIN 7 64-bit machine?

It would have been nice to alert potential customers that this might happen.

Thanks

I read this as you want to uninstall because you saw the "failed to read firewall config" yes?

If so, then I would suggest that you download the latest ESS V7 BETA. Since I had that very same error before, but I no longer see it after that I uninstalled my previous ESS v5, and installed the latest V7 Beta. So try that and report back if you are still seeing.

Also, I am unable to see "the above splash screen" you are mentioning if you attached a screenshot.

Thank you for you very fast response.

The reason I want to uninstall I tis because it is simply too robust for my use and interferes with my normal processes.  In addition, the learning curve is too steep for my limited available resources. 

I will try the uninstall method mentioned. No splash screen attached.

Edited by ems1com

• Administrators

The error message in question usually occurs if permissions to ESET's data files were modified. Perhaps we could arrange a remote session and fix it quickly.

• ESET Insiders

The error message in question usually occurs if permissions to ESET's data files were modified. Perhaps we could arrange a remote session and fix it quickly.

If you don't mind my asking, I have been getting this message repeatedly for years and would love to know if it is known how to prevent or fix this. It is usually this very thing that causes me to uninstall ESS.

• Administrators

Please create a Process monitor log from the point when you access the advanced setup and the error occurs, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.