Reinstall ESET Remote Administrator - Change Database Server

Go to solution Solved by wagner.garcia,

I'm trying to reinstall ERA 6 on my Windows 2008 server, but to better explain the ERA 6 was in the same server with the local database in MySQL.
I realized an export database to import into another MySQL server.
When I try to reinstall shaping up as database server Mysql name displays the message:

Error 30000. The critical error occurred. Please see the installation log for more information. Enabling the log is described at the ESET knowledge base website:
kb.eset.com

Issue ID: SOLN406
ERROR: (DbUpgrade)
Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.5.8' to database 'era_db'

The new MySQL database server has the IP 192.168.5.9 address.
In this log appearing to attempt to access the old database server (192.168.5.8)

Because?

Already I uninstalled all ESET products and also Mysql Connector to see if solved, but it still fails.

Need help.
Thank you.

Wagner Garcia

InstallReport.html

• ESET Staff

ERROR: (DbUpgrade) Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.5.8' to database 'era_db'

This error does not mean that ERA is connecting to wrong database, but it means user root in your database is not permitted to connect from IP 192.168.5.8 (so I guess 192.168.5.8 is IP of your current ERA installation?).

In order to fix this issue, you will have to enter database management tools you use, and modify/create root user so that it is able to connect from current location of ERA. For example if you rename this user to 'root'@'192.168.5.8' or you can rename it to  'root'@'%' which means user root will be able to connect from any host (this may be security problem!).

Martin, thanks for the reply.
But unfortunately it did not work.
I had already changed the root User in Mysql database to receive "%" connections with the same password.

I'm trying to reinstall ERA recreating a new database on the same MySQL server (192.168.5.9). The installation of the ERA will be the server 192.168.5.8, ie it is a new installation.

When this running the creation of scripts of the database, the error and the message to abort.

I saw the log and the message is:

ERROR: (dbCreate) Statement execution failed. Error: This function has none of DETERMINISTIC, NO SQL, or READS SQL DATA in its declaration and binary logging is enabled (you * might * want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable). Filet: C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\SetupData\Database\MySQL\CreateScripts\5_reports_interface.sql. Statement:
CREATE FUNCTION `ufn_create_hour_interval` (` timeParam` DATETIME)
 RETURNS TIMESTAMP
 LANGUAGE SQL
 NOT DETERMINISTIC
 CONTAINS SQL
 SQL SECURITY Invoker
BEGIN
 return FROM_UNIXTIME (UNIX_TIMESTAMP (timeParam) - UNIX_TIMESTAMP (timeParam) %% (60 * 60));
END;
INFO: Successful GET property 'P_SILENT' with value -
Error 30000. The critical error occurred. Please see the installation log for more information. Enabling the log is described at the ESET knowledge base website:
kb.eset.com

Issue ID: SOLN406

• ESET Staff

Could you specify exact version of ERA installer you are using? Also what database type/version are you installing it to?

This seems to be problem described in ERA documentation, see question Why is my ERA installation failing during database setup? I have binary logging enabled in MySQL in ERA documentation: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/63/en-US/faq.htm

PS: you have now most probably ended up with broken (half-installed) ERA database, and you will have to manually drop it before another installation attempt.

Edited by MartinK

My ESET Remote Administrator in this version 6.1.444 and my Mysql database is in version 5.5.

The Log binary is enabled since I have a MySQL replication to another server.

I have removed the database manually in MySQL server.

Even I downloaded a newer version of ESET Remote Administrator, however now when installing this version does not display error, however when trying to install the ESET Remote Administrator Agent reports that it is already installed, even though I removed the facilities completely .