how to manage first analysis ?

hi all,

i wanted to know how to manage the first analysis, following the EEA installation through the agent.

I deploy the agent and then the EEA, with a task.

After the EEA installation it runs a first analysis, while it is not checked in the task planifier of my policy (based on the template "maximal security")

And after this first analysis, user have to check what kind of action he wants to do (clean/suppress/nothing), i just wanted to do a "strict cleaning"

thank's !

• ESET Staff

Hello, what I would recommend is the following:
1, install ERA Agent
2, Install Endpoints with the first scan disabled by parameter  (as advised here: hxxp://help.eset.com/ees/6/en-US/index.html?installation_via_era_command.htm)
3, configure Endpoint policy with a adjusted profile, that has strict cleaning enabled, for example for in-depth scan

4, execute the in-depth scan manually on all of the target machines

Hope this helps.

Edited by MichalJ

hi,

i would be interested to force a first analysis using the ERA task manager, BUT when you create a first analysis planification, you can't choose the type of analysis profile...

is their a way to modify the first analysis profile ?

• ESET Staff

Hello,

I have edited my original response, as it is unfortunately not possible to adjust profile settings for the first scan after installation. You have to disable the first scan, and execute a scan manually, with a strict cleaning defined in the selected profile. We will track it as an improvement.