Macrium Relfect Email Notifications Being Blocked

Been using Macrium Relfect (Premium version) and ESET 9.0.349.0 for awhile now, all was good. Recently, email notifications from Macrium are failing due to SMTP server not being available. At first thought is was my ISP, but after experimenting a bit I've found that if I use the "Pause Protection" option, the emails are sent just fine. Once enabling ESET protection again, the email send attempts fail. How can I tell ESET that I want to allow these emails to go through?

Thanks for reading.

Seymour

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling web protection make a difference? If not, what about protocol filtering or firewall?

I was able to play around with the ESET settings a bit more tonight. If I disable the "Email client protection" option, Macrium Reflect has no issues sending emails. Enabling causes unsuccessful sends. I suppose I could disable this feature for good, but would rather use this feature as it is a good one to keep active. Any tweaks to ESET that would allow my backup software to send me successful backup notifications and keep  using the email protection module would be greatly appreciated.