Getting to be too much bother than it's worth ............

Deployed the remote admin agent via a GPO as documented by Eset.  Pushing the end point anti-virus kept getting stuck as "pending" so I had to manually install it on each machine.

Now my machines are listed in Lost & Found and in my AD OU folder.  I can deal with them listed in both but the part I'm struggling with is why do they report as "Unmanaged" and how do I fix it?

TIA

• ESET Staff

Getting to be too much bother than it's worth ............

Deployed the remote admin agent via a GPO as documented by Eset.  Pushing the end point anti-virus kept getting stuck as "pending" so I had to manually install it on each machine.

Now my machines are listed in Lost & Found and in my AD OU folder.  I can deal with them listed in both but the part I'm struggling with is why do they report as "Unmanaged" and how do I fix it?

TIA

When you open client details, you see more information? Are clients connection - according to last connection time in Webconsole? Does restarting SERVER service makes any difference? Could you please check AGENT logs on one of client computers? Especially status.html should provide quick hint what could possibly be wrong.

In the ERA console I have my AD folder structure.  There is an OU names Laptops.  In this OU folder machines are reported as "Unmanaged" so the details are not populated.

If I look at the same machine in "Lost and Found" it reports the "Last Connected" was this morning at 10:38am. 

So why do my machines say unmanaged in the AD OU folder but in Lost and Found things look to be working?

Another problem I've noticed is that there are no "Log" folder on the clients.  c:\program Files\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\  No log folder or status.html.

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs is the correct folder (ProgramData, not Program Files)

Edited by jimwillsher

• ESET Staff

If I understand it correctly, you synchronized computers with AD and used GPO deployment (ERA live installer). In that case, once AGENT connects first time after installation, new computer should be created in Lost&Found group. Could you check it whether there is such computer that is connecting? In case you found it and it has exactly the same name, another execution of properly configured AD synchronization task should "merge" these computers.

Maybe a visual would be helpful.  The attached is a screen shot.  They are not listed twist in the same folder.  There is one listing in one folder and another listing in another folder.  They are one in the same machines. 

You mentioned something about "merging" can you explain please.

TIA

eset_problem.doc

• ESET Staff

Maybe a visual would be helpful.  The attached is a screen shot.  They are not listed twist in the same folder.  There is one listing in one folder and another listing in another folder.  They are one in the same machines. 

You mentioned something about "merging" can you explain please.

TIA

I guess you used AD synchronization task for creation of those "unmanaged" computers. Now you have to re-run AD synchronization so that newly created computers (they should have initially appeared in Lost&Found group) are moved to proper place. Alternatively you could move connecting computer to proper group and remove those not-connecting duplicates, as this is what will do AD synchronization task.