Automation of ESET AV Remover - Is it possible?

BillTheNerd

I'd like to automate the deployment of ESET AV Remover in my business network to cleanup installations of 3rd Party AV products before pushing out ESET Endpoint products to all my users.

I've been searching for a way to do this without user intervention, but just can't seem to find one.

Ideally I would be able to run ESET AV Remover in the background and have it remove all AV protection from the workstations, and write a log to the file location of my choice.

Is this possible using a command line or similar tools built in to the product? Or would I have to go to some automated 3rd party solution?

Thanks!

• Administrators

You can accomplish this as follows:

1, Create a dynamic group with a rule for installed software that you want to uninstall.

2, Create a software uninstall task for that dynamic group.

3, Deploy agent on clients.

• 1 month later...

Hi I tried using the task "uninstall 3rd party AV software" in ERA 6.3 accordingly ( to the but unable to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.1.445 but in the ERA it shows Successfully Finished. Is this remover is will check against the list in hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3527/?

Hi I tried using the task "uninstall 3rd party AV software" in ERA 6.3 accordingly ( to the but unable to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.1.445 but in the ERA it shows Successfully Finished. Is this remover is will check against the list in hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3527/?

Version 16 is not on the list. Probably did not know the correct uninstall string to take it out thus the false positive from the ERA

So which is the list that ERA will check against in the 3rd party Antivirus software uninstall?

Version 16 is not on the list. Probably did not know the correct uninstall string to take it out thus the false positive from the ERA.

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately there is currently no list of supported application because it is version dependent. Referenced list is most probably for newer version of AVRemover (version in bundled in AGENT 6.3 installer is no longer newest) but in case 3rd-party product is not supported in the latest release, it is almost 100% that it was not supported in previous versions.

In case 3rd-party product is not supported, AVRemover ends with "No applications found" and that is why task is considered as success.

You may try to download latest ESET AVRemover from mentioned KB article and test whether it is able to detect and uninstall 3rd-party products you are using, but you won't be able to use ERA even in case it will work.