Custom On Demand Scan

Using ERA 6, how can i create a custom on demand scan so i can exclude certain directories from daily scanning?

When i go into my policy for endpoint antivirus i only get the option to choose from one of the 3 preconfigured scan profiles (currently set to smart scan). How do i modify the smart scan profile to exclude directories, or even create my own profile?

The area on the top of the configuration tree to exclude directories apparently only applies to real-time scanning.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't seem to be working for me. I've got directories specified in the "Paths to be excluded from scanning" area, and the settings are getting applied to clients, but i am still getting on demand nightly scans with results from those excluded directories. HELP!

post-6873-0-27501200-1451925092_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

How do you know they are not applied? Could you post a screen shot of the exclusion list as well as a complete record from an on-demand scanner log when an excluded file was detected?

I suppose "applied" isn't the right word. It does get applied at the client level from the policy that's setup in ERA 6, meaning you can see the directories in the exclusion list on the clients. But scans still detect items from the specified directories. See screenshots below. What's odd is it doesn't happen everyday, but about 99% of the time it does.

Thanks

Edited by TedGlass

• Administrators

The exclusions are missing \*.* at the end, hence they don't work for files in those folders. However, these wildcards are added automatically when you add an exclusion so I wonder how you added the two exclusions. What product and version is it?

I added the exclusions to a policy being applied to clients through ERA 6 (6.2.200). The client side is Endpoint AntiVirus (6.1.2222 or newer). I'll add the \*.* at the policy level and see if that filters down to clients and starts working. Thanks!

This is working now. I should've just read the tooltips that are in the policy editor for ERA 6, they specify what you should be doing. But for anyone having this issue, make sure you are adding some sort of file mask (*.*) after the directory.

Thanks again Marcos