Windows 10 Version 1511 Compatibility

Megachip

• Administrators

What issues are you having with this build? Could you please post the information about installed modules from the About window? Basically there should be virtually no issues with new builds as all products and versions have a HIPS module available that has a partial support for not yet fully supported builds of Windows 10.

What issues are you having with this build? Could you please post the information about installed modules from the About window? Basically there should be virtually no issues with new builds as all products and versions have a HIPS module available that has a partial support for not yet fully supported builds of Windows 10.

Will do, when I got my system recovered. After trying to enable device control (in the non working client) I've ended up in a BSOD boot loop (something about not finding the boot device). Repair not possible.

But short form: Customer told me, that he has upgraded Win10 (with installed eset) to Version 1511. First thing was that EA was uninstalled by windows. Second that he can't install it again. 

On trying to reproduce the problem, I was able to install EA 5.0.2254, but almost no module works (even after restart). 

Back on Rails.

1. Remoteinstall quit with the following message:

[2015-12-08 16:37:00.193] Status 2401, ID 90: Failure during the package install - exit code: 1603, description: Fatal error during installation.

2. Local install - To be tested again...

Would it be possible to install Endpoint manually using the appropriate msi file and generate install logs as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb406/? Once you have the logs ready, supply them to me via a personal message.

You've got an email.

Back to local install, which seems really strange:

Today I've started my test system, the EA gui was blanc (white) except the green checkmark on the upper right. After some time, it told me, that it could't communicate with the kernel and closed. So I take a look at the ESET services and none was installed/registered (I'm sure that it installed fine last week). After repairing the installation (it was listed within software) and starting the realtime protection (which disabled MS protection), EA seems working fine. 

--- After Restart, realtime protection is disabled again.

Edited by Megachip

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded to Inside build 11082. EA was uninstalled without any mentions by upgrade. Interesting that 3rd party firewall (Glasswire) still up and running. (no uninstallation/removal cause of upgrade).

Why M$ removes ESET on Upgrades?

• Administrators

Upgraded to Inside build 11082. EA was uninstalled without any mentions by upgrade. Interesting that 3rd party firewall (Glasswire) still up and running. (no uninstallation/removal cause of upgrade).

Why M$ removes ESET on Upgrades?

It seems that the iso file with Windows 10 build 11082 contains a newer version of appraiser unfortunately doesn't not have a bug causing compatible products to uninstall fixed. Because it's newer than the version on the Internet, the fixed version is not downloaded. We'll continue investigating it and report it to Microsoft, if needed.

It seems that the iso file with Windows 10 build 11082 contains a newer version of appraiser unfortunately doesn't not have a bug causing compatible products to uninstall fixed. Because it's newer than the version on the Internet, the fixed version is not downloaded. We'll continue investigating it and report it to Microsoft, if needed.

Thx for response.

Installed via autoupdate, not using any iso. But today I realized, that EA isn't fully uninstalled. It is still listened within software. But services, start menu etc is removed.

Up on that, there is still the problem, that realtime protection is disabled after every restart on build ?10565?

Edit:

After repairing and setting autostart realtime protection again it seems working on 11082. 

Can't test on Version 1511.

Edited by Megachip

• Administrators

A newer build 11099 should be available on fast ring now. It contains a database with the bug fixed so the latest Endpoint v5 should survive upgrade.