Unable to restart failed task for client

I'm testing v6 and thus far am impressed with the polished GUI but extremely disappointed with the functionality.

Part of my testing involves repeating a task.

1) Run the task

2) Check result

3) Adjust settings

4) Re-run the task

And sometimes I need to skip #3 and just re-run the task.

How can I re-run a task without adjusting settings?

I find this very annoying too, I wish there was a 'Run Now' option so we can run it on demand without having to edit the job, remove and then re-add the target or having to duplicate the task just to perform the same operation again!

+1

yes this is a pain, I made the same comments almost a year ago. For me, two major improvements are required in ERA 6.x.

Firstly, the option to re-run a task. If a task shows as fails, simply provide an option to rerun it. This avoids having to go and find the task and then having to either remove and re-add the target, or clicking the trigger dialog and simply saving the screen - both ways work.

Secondly, the ability to select an EXISTING task when you are in the computers screen. I want to be able to click a computer, click "new task", and select an existing task, rather than always creating a new task from a blank template. Again, it should be trivial to get this changed in the GUI as all it needs to do is present a list or tree of tasks and then insert a target record against the appropriate task.

Item 2, above, would make a MASSIVE improvement in workflow. See a computer, see that it needs a task to be run, and with a few clicks you can run that task. Instead, you need to remember the computer name then go into Admin, Computer Tasks, edit the task, click Targets, add a target....and then hope you can still remember the computer name.

I made these suggesttions last December (or January) but sadly they haven't (yet) been implemented. Still, I'm pleased to see a refresh icon on all the screens now, which is a good improvement.

Jim