Jump to content

davidpitt

Members
  • Content Count

    46
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    U.K.

Recent Profile Visitors

781 profile views
  1. This all sounds to me like ESET just needs to update their product to play nice with Windows Store or \\?\ paths?? Or to add the option of allowing wildcard paths for processes. We've migrated all of our business AV solutions from ESET to Sentinel One... that allows wildcard paths... just saying
  2. I have the same problem, very annoying to have to disable the firewall or set it to auto to play this. Can we not just create a firewall rule for something like "*\Gears5.exe" ? Thanks
  3. So after speaking with support they told me to try HIPS in training mode. When that didn't work, they told me to just disable HIPS, which I've tested and does work. I've tried disabling every option under HIPS but the only thing that works is the disable the entire HIPS module. I even tried creating a HIPS rule that allows 'agent_x64.msi' full access to everything. Also for my test machine, I created brand new blank Eset policies, did a clean install of windows 10, no config changes, installed v6.6 of the agent and then v7 of the Endpoint and still had the problem upgrading agent to
  4. Hi, Would I be better logging this direct with support rather here on the forums?
  5. Hi, Disabling HIPS has worked and Agent got updated. Checking the policy, there are no special rules in place, other than 2 custom 'Allow' rules for LogMeIn and Hamachi. All HIPS options are enabled and Filtering Mode is set to Automatic. I'd prefer not to have to disable HIPS, wait for a restart, push out new agent, enable HIPS again on all devices if there is a fix for this issue?!? Thanks
  6. Here's the log... Thanks ra-upgrade-agent.log Have you had chance to look at the log yet? Thanks
  7. Here's the log... Thanks ra-upgrade-agent.log
  8. Hi, I've recently upgraded our ERA to v7 (From 6.6) and now trying to get the agents on the clients updated, however I'm running into issues! I am trying to update Eset Agent from v6.4.283.0 to v7.0.577.0 using the "Security Management Center Components Upgrade" However on several devices it is failing with the errors below.... Windows event logs show --------------------------------------------------------------- The description for Event ID 0 from source era-updater cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on y
  9. Sorry but I don't have a solution but I dread every time I have to update an agent on a PC as 90% of the time it fails with this exact issue. No matter the version of the agent v6 through to v6.6, if on domain, work group, under local admin account, etc. All have problems. Even when I call their support they don't know how to fix it, other than to use the uninstall tool in safe mode. We gave up trying in the end as with 1500 clients it caused too much work and now users only get the latest agent when their PC gets replaced. I have no idea why these companies make it so difficu
  10. Just trying to get a hold of the users MacBook to check logs. The file was modified directly on the MAC so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks
  11. The same section in the windows script is a little different. I'm assuming I can't modify the MAC script the same way we do the windows one. Windows Agent Script..... set server_hostname=eset.mycompany.co.uk set server_port=45000 The MAC Agent script already had the quotes in there, I did not add them.
  12. It's literally just changing the port number within the MAC Agent installer "Eset_Agent_Installer_MACs.sh"..... eraa_server_hostname="eset.mycompany.co.uk" eraa_server_port="2222" So we just change the server port to 45000. Done that for about 1000 windows based Agent installers absolutely fine but for the MAC script it doesn't seem to work.
  13. Hi, Just tried installing Eset for MAC but have a problem editing the Agent script to modify the port. We don't use 2222 as it conflicts with another service so we redirect on our firewall from 45000 to 2222. Normally with the windows agent, we just modify the agent .bat installer and change the port number. However just tried that for a MAC but it doesn't connect. It says the agent installs OK but the status shows the error attached and strangely doesn't even show it's trying to connect on port 45000. If we use the original untouched agent script it shows the port number t
  14. It would be good if we could have exceptions to presentation mode. So we can exclude mstsc process
×
×
  • Create New...