Eset 9 Tray icon blurry

This is a photo of my monitor. Eset icon looks strange. It needs a redesign, as you can see the green right part is wider, and it looks a little blurry. My configuration: 1920x1080 and 125 ppp because 100 ppp looks too small on a 1080 p monitor. Eset 9.0.318.20 with an original license and Windows 10.

1: a real photo of how really eset icon looks.

post-9264-0-32986800-1444901490_thumb.jpg

2: Screenshot of Tray icon vs original icon resized to the same dimension as taskbar icon, as you can see task bar icon is blurry(left) and the other not(right):

post-9264-0-72816300-1444916920.jpg
Edited by jlmcr87

how close did you put the camera to take the photo?

That´s not the question. I´m sitting 50 cm away from the monitor, and the icon doesn´t look sharp.

• Most Valued Members

i'm confused. on image #1 the icon is huge as hell, is that the normal resolution you see with naked eye?

also is that photographed with the camera at a distance of 50+cm?

Screenshot of Task bar vs original icon resized to the same dimension as taskbar icon, as you can see task bar icon is blurry and the other not:

post-9264-0-53319100-1444916490.jpg

Now I think you can see clearly what i say.

Edited by jlmcr87

• Most Valued Members

it would be better to report it directly to support so they can easily froward it to the dev team.

• Most Valued Members

as i said, it would be best to submit a support request so they can easily report it to the development team. a moderator's job is not to send bugs to the devs, but they do it some times out of their good will. :)

as i said, it would be best to submit a support request so they can easily report it to the development team. a moderator's job is not to send bugs to the devs, but they do it some times out of their good will. :)

Can you help me to report this bug? because i live in spain but i purchased the license in latin america. So eset latinoamerica tell me to contact spain and viceversa.......

• Most Valued Members

just follow the link in my previous post to start a case with the support team.

select "home user & small office support" > then "Other question or feedback (none of the above)" > then "Feedback/Other", fill in your details and describe the issue with as much detail as possible, including the images you have uploaded here.

and send it

just follow the link in my previous post to start a case with the support team.

select "home user & small office support" > then "Other question or feedback (none of the above)" > then "Feedback/Other", fill in your details and describe the issue with as much detail as possible, including the images you have uploaded here.

and send it

No luck, also i called eset Spain and they told me to contact eset latinamerica. please help me to report this. 

there is no need to call the support by phone, just do as i wrote by visiting this website hxxp://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/and do the steps i explained above.

I do it but they ask for license, if i give them the user name, they told me is not related with my email (i buy the license in a web distributor different than eset).

I look into eset egui.exe and found that all icons has a good resolution and they look sharp. I don´t know what´s the problem but compare the eset icons in egui.exe with the tray icon:

post-9264-0-69949800-1445413374_thumb.jpg

• ESET Moderators

Hi, I found that many icons look like that on my PC when I change the DPI. Couldn't that be the issue? I believe Windows doesn't take a larger icon, it rather scales the regular icon up. Maybe they use a sloppy algorithm for scaling the tray icons?