ESET Smart Security 8/Windows Xp SP3

how many updates are made daily ?

hxxp://virusradar.com/en/update/info/

But we also get assistance from LiveGrid all the time.....

Previously unknown suspicious samples/objects are collected and automatically processed on our in-the-cloud backend systems (including sandboxing). If a sample proves to be malicious, automated signatures are generated and immediately pushed out to our customers. This mechanism allows for effective detection of emerging threats even before the regular signatures are delivered to users’ computer via our standard signature database update (which happens several times a day).

ok thanks for replay

How do I stop automatic scanning :angry:

I looked in settings I stopped,but scans automatically

9/23/2015 11:20:07 AM    C:\    31490    2    2    Completed
9/23/2015 11:12:40 AM    C:\Boot sector;C:\    51359    2    0    Completed

Edited by V3.Firewall

• Most Valued Members

start a new thread instead of filling the current with out of topic questions.

and automatic scanning is mandatory after every successful virus signature update

• ESET Moderators

Hi,

If you do not wish to have this scan run after the updates, go to Tools > Scheduler and untick the Startup scan which is scheduled to run after a successful VSD update. However, please note that you will make your PC slightly less protected by doing so, as the critical files your PC uses won't be checked against the newest threats as often.

Additionaly, as pavilion_alex suggested, please create separate threads for different questions, so that there is some order to what is where and so that other visitors of this forum can easily find the topics categorized as well.