System tray icon is exclamation mark instead of the usual Eset-icon "[ e ]"

p_bateman
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I'm currently using NOD32 under Windows 7 64 Bit and I'm very happy with it.

I have just a minor issue: After installation and forseveral days, the windows tray icon of NOD32 anti virus was the usual Eset-icon, an "[ e ]". But since a couple of days, the tray icon has changed to a white exclamation mark in a blue-filled circle. It looks like there some kind of warning or message waiting, but I can't see anything.

(Please see the attached image.)

Is there any "reset" I can do to get the normal Eset-icon back?

Thanks a lot for your help!

post-8492-0-67571200-1440404017_thumb.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

Open the ESET gui and check the Protection status pane for more information about the notification.

Open the ESET gui and check the Protection status pane for more information about the notification.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

You were absolutely right - in the main GUI, there was a note about Windows updates I had not installed. I did it and the notification icon changed to the normal NOD-icon.

I did not notice the warning about the system updates, because NOD32 showed a really big green checkmark in the top of the GUI and the notice-text itself was also green and bold - indicating "everything is alright", maybe this could be changed in future versions :-)

Thanks a lot for your help

Hello p_bateman.

You can also change the "notification levels" of windows updates. I like the default as a quick reminder.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3192&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1440423538072

Edited by TomFace

Hello p_bateman.

You can also change the "notification levels" of windows updates. I like the default as a quick reminder.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3192&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1440423538072

Excellent, thanks for the information!