Certificate Error

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Thanks for the reply siljaline.

I am not having problems with websites but the problem is with the new Opera 15 browser. I always get that error when booting my system but it also can occur at other random times. The error always occurs immediately after boot/logon before any browser is open. Once Opera 15 is open and running, random SSL sites fail to load with certificate errors. It is entirely random as what site has the error now, next session it will work fine. Some sessions even go without certificate errors, but the main error after boot/logon is always there. The forums here, so far, have never given me any problems...

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Just wanted to add: From running ESS 7 beta on my Windows 8 Pro x64 system, SSL protocol filtering is mostly compatible with Opera 15 but some incompatibilities do exist. Most of the time there seems to be no issues, but occasionally there are some sites that I cannot get to load. The issue is inconsistent as the sites vary and it is not the same sites each time. For example, this session I cannot load abc.com and xyz.com, but after reboot those two sites will load fine. The one consistent thing is the error on each boot/logon as shown in the first post.

You are aware of the known issues of the version 7 Beta.  

Have said that, I don't see SSL or site logins as a listed issue. If these issues are persistent to you, I would probably recommend reverting to a more stable build until some of these bugs are fixed. 

Thanks for your report. Hoping that I have addressed all your concerns to this juncture.

Regards,

• Administrators

Importing the root certificate into Opera 15 is not currently supported as they've made substantial changes to the program. You'd need to export the root certificate from v7 and import it to Opera manually.

• Administrators

Eventually it turned out that Opera has changed the Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store and now uses the system TRCA, hence an attempt to add the ESET root certificate is failing. Just ignore the message and https traffic will be scanned in Opera 15, too.

• ESET Insiders

Hello Marcos,

Thanks Marcos. Actually, I just got around to trying to import the ESET certificate into Opera 15 this morning and discovered that the Windows TRCA was used. I then came here to post my findings to find out that you had already posted that fact. Thanks for verifying my findings (or me verifying yours  ;) )...