ERA 6.1.28 OVF/OVA - Doesn't update

I'm still getting over the whole over complex interface issues, and where/how to see what tasks it's actually doing at any one time.

Whilst fixing over issues, i saw a new update come out, 6.1.33, thought i'd update to see of it's improved.

Followed note"

• Improved: It will be possible to upgrade from versions 6.1.21.0 (December release) and 6.1.28.0 to version 6.1.33.0 using the ESET Remote Administrator Component upgrade task"
Did the upgrade task from within, and it seems to have done no upgrade at all.

My ERA web console is still running on port 8443, whereas the console tells me it should be 2222?

Do i re-download the ova and install over the top?

Will it keep the existing database, or over right it?

Looking at the forum its not just me with issues with the ERA 6 via OVA, is anyone else seeing issues with their deployments, with Macs as clients?

The OVA sucks. Don't use it. It was rushed to market and is HIGHLY unpredictable. It fails to install, fails to join the domain, falls off the domain, throws MySQL errors, fails to initially configure properly, and,  apparently, the staff at ESET doesn't really know the product either.

This OVA should be considered alpha/beta software. Bite the bullet and install the server on a Windows Server. You will thank me later.

I did think that might be the case after the 'woolly' support call, and no updates on a simple bug.

Back to as it was on the Windows box.