ERA 6 is terrible!

I have beene working with ERA 6 for quite a while and I just cant get it to work.

It presents the information, but it is all out of date.

It tells me I have infections and out of date operating systems but when I check the computers they are fine and End Point is showing no problems.

This is a completely useless product if it cannot give accurate information.

Lookign at this forum it seems i am not alone.

Are you plannign to fix this?

• Administrators

This is probably just a misunderstanding of how ERA v6 work.

It presents the information, but it is all out of date.

What kind of information do you mean? Have you checked details of that computer to find out when it last connected to ERAS? To force agent to connect to ERAS, send a wake-up call to that client.

It tells me I have infections and out of date operating systems but when I check the computers they are fine and End Point is showing no problems.

If you mean active threats, these can only be cleared by running a scan from the Threat section of ERAS. If no threat is found or if all have been cleaned properly, the number of active threats will be reset.

As for the reports about outdated OS, you can disable these separately in Endpoint's and agent's policy. To disable it for agents, create or edit an agent policy and disabled the desired reports as shown below. Should you need further help, feel free to ask.

post-10-0-35886100-1433779334_thumb.png

If I disable the OS reporitng in the agent, will the EES still report to the ERA if an OS is really out of date?

I'm a little confused about the purpose of the agent. Is it the only thing that can talk to the ERA or does the ESS send data to the ERA directly?

I still want to be told if an OS is REALLY out of date. If I disable this in the agent, will I still see this information in the ERA from the EES or I won't know?

"This is probably just a misunderstanding of how ERA v6 work.". Well that is a fair comment, but it would be a lot easier of there was more documentation. A lot of how the agent, EES and ERA interreact is not clear at all from the documentation available. I hope you wil be adding to this.

• Administrators

If I disable the OS reporting in the agent, will the EES still report to the ERA if an OS is really out of date?

Yes. However, Endpoint can be configured to disable notifications about all but important updates which is not the case of agent.

I'm a little confused about the purpose of the agent. Is it the only thing that can talk to the ERA or does the ESS send data to the ERA directly?

Agent is a mediator between Endpoint and ERA Server or between Endpoint and ERA Proxy server. Endpoint v6 itself doesn't communicate directly with ERAS whatsoever. Agent contains a database of policies and dynamic groups which enables it to apply a specific policy if the computer meets the criteria for a dynamic group even if the computer is not connected to the network (e.g. agent can apply a policy to disconnect the computer from network if an active threat has been found and connect it after it's been cleaned).

A schema of how ERA components communicate is on page 8 of the ERA guide hxxp://download.eset.com/manuals/eset_era_6_userguide_enu.pdf:

post-10-0-36130100-1433834858_thumb.png

"This is probably just a misunderstanding of how ERA v6 work.". Well that is a fair comment, but it would be a lot easier of there was more documentation. A lot of how the agent, EES and ERA interact is not clear at all from the documentation available. I hope you will be adding to this.

We listen to our customers and continually improve the documentation so that it covers everything that is not clear, create new KB content as well as tutorial videos. Feel free to ask if something is unclear or if you cannot find some important information in the documentation and we'll surely consider explaining it better or in more details, if needed.