Remote agent push fails on Windows and OS X

I've been through the checklists and troubleshooting guide and everything is configured accordingly.

When I try to push an agent (via Computers > Groups > Add new), nothing happens after I click 'OK' --there's no error, no progress indicator, nothing. I've waited quite some time and the only option is to click 'Cancel'.

I haven't been able to locate any logs or other information to determine what the problem is.

I get the same results for Mac or Windows clients whether I use name or IP.

Any assistance is appreciated.

• Administrators

As for installing on Windows, do you have C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Temp\ra-agent-install.log on the client? If not, check the ERA Server trace log C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log for more information about the failure. You can also drop me a pm and attach ra-agent-install.log and I will look into it.

Thanks for the reply. This was a stupid error on my part and I've made it to the next hurdle:

The agent install attempts to run, but then errors with "Package not found in repository". Indeed, the repository is empty. However, it is not intuitive how to populate the repository with agents, etc. Internet connection is fine on the server.

This is a default installation on a Windows 2012 R2 64-bit server.

Edited by j-gray

One other piece... documents say "Link to the repository is incorrect - In ERA Web Console, navigate to Admin > Server Settings, click Advanced settings > Repository and make sure the URL of the repository is correct."

But it does not say what the correct URL is. It is currently set to 'Autoselect'.

• Administrators

With Autoselect option selected, ESET's repository will be used. Custom repositories are not supported yet, however, it's possible to point the task to installers via a custom url, if neeeded. Please refer to the KB hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN332 for a list of addresses that need to be accessible for various program features to work properly. For accessing ESET's repository, it's

repository.eset.com

Thanks for the reply.  I'm still not having any luck. Local firewalls are down, nothing is blocked outbound. Been through all the troubleshooting steps and get the same error for both OS X and Windows:

"Package not found in repository"

Any help would be appreciated. If we can't get the agent installed, we'll move on to another product.

• Administrators

Most likely it's that you created an Agent Live installer before when an older version of Agent was available. The version number is part of the url that the installer attempts to download the agent from. Please check this topic for more information: https://forum.eset.com/topic/5011-era-agent-issues-after-upgrading-to-614370/.

This is a new/clean install on a fresh server.  I've run it up with the basic/default settings and am now attempting to push the agent so we can manage the clients. I haven't created any installers, as we intend to use push install, only.