Automatic update fails (8.0.312.3)

Hello,

When I click on the "product update" button in the "update" section of the software, the update fails with the following message "the update ended with an error - installation error". I'm using the french client on an up-to-date windows 7 x64 and have administrator rights. I cleaned the update cache but it didn't help.

On a side note, I suggest you close the email support. I sent a help request translated both in french and english and after 8 days they sent me here hxxp://kb.eset-nod32.fr/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2476&viewlocale=en_US&actp=SEARCH and closed the ticket. Great.

Have a nice day.

• Administrators

Please drop me a pm with the install log C:\WINDOWS\Temp\eset\pcu_*.log attached.

Quick fix:

1, Uninstall ESET in safe mode using the Uninstall tool (hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289)

2, Download v8.0.312 from ESET's website and install it.

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\eset\ was empty. I tried to update (same error) and the folder is still empty (my hidden files are shown).

I wiped the update cache. Tried again and same error, same empty folder. The file it tries to download is "ess_nt64_fra.nup". The error might be specific to the french client.

Edited by nemeo

The thing you're talking in your last post looks rather than an VSD update error than a product upgrade error as you initially stated.

So what exactly doesn't work? The product upgrade?

If so then you can try to download the latest version from the website and install it manually.

If this fails again you can check again for the logs Marcos requested and continue with his instructions.

• Administrators

Could you monitor the folder C:\WINDOWS\Temp\eset while performing a PCU? Perhaps you'll see that a log is being created there. Or you can use Process Monitor to monitor file opeations during the PCU. When done, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link. Of course, the quickest way how to fix it is by uninstalling the current version completely and installing the latest one from scratch.