Agent deployment keeps failing

Hi,

I'm running into trouble trying to deploy the agent in my network, I always get the generic error "Impossible to start the activity". When I try to generate the report It takes a long time and ends up with "timeout 90000ms", so I can't actually inspect any report. If I look at the file trace.log there are hundreds of entries like "Error: NetworkModule [Thread xxx]: ProtocolLayer: unsupported protocol version, ResolvedIpAddress:x.x.x.x, ResolvedHostname:hostname.domain, ResolvedPort:xxxx": I couldn't find any documentation about this, can you please help?

I recently upgraded the ERA from 5 to 6 and since I can't solve this problem, my clients are not updating their virus definitions and keep annoying users about it....

Thank you

Edited by d.giacani

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

"ProtocolLayer: unsupported protocol version" is logged when something else than agent is attempting to connect to ERAS. Maybe you've upgraded to ERA v6 but there's no agent installed on computers with Endpoint v5 yet and the older version of Endpoint keeps attempting to connect to ERAS v6 directly.

• Administrators

I have the same Problem after upgrading from Era 5.x to 6.x. Is there actually any solution for this Problem?

Please provide us with more details about the issue you're having.

• 1 year later...