Agent Installed but won't show up as a Managed Computer in the Remote Admin

Hi, we're just installing the Remote Administrator and Endpoint Antivirus 6 in our small business.  I've got the Remote Administrator server setup and I've successfully installed the agent and antivirus on about 10 computers but there is one computer that just won't connect to the Remote Admin.

I've removed and installed the agent several times, rebooted.  The C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html on this computer shows all green with no errors., yet on the Admin Console, this computer still shows as unmanaged as if the agent isn't installed yet.

There is nothing odd about this computer.  It's a Windows 7, 64-bit machine.  Other computers like this connected fine but this one just won't show up.

Any suggestions?

• ESET Moderators

How did you install the ESET product on the computer (were you able to push install the product from ERA?).

There is a KB article that may be useful: 

Agent deployment troubleshooting—ESET Remote Administrator 6.x 

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3630

Hi, by "product" I assume you mean the agent.  I have installed it both by using the stand-alone agent installer as well as connecting to the ERA console thru a browser on the client and selecting the "Agent Live Installers" quick link to download and install the agent via the .bat file.

Figured it out.  It was a DNS issue.  The computer appeared twice in the reverse DNS entry under two different names.  So that particular computer WAS showing up, but under Lost & Found and under a different name.  I removed the extra DNS entry and deleted the computer in the Lost & Found.  Then it reconnected under the correct name.  Whew....

I still don't know why that machine appeared twice in the reverse DNS.  Bad DHCP perhaps...

Anyway, it's working now.  Thanks for getting me pointed in the correct direction.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Sorry to open up an old thread...but I am just wondering if there is possibly a setting or another solution.  I am also having the same issue. I believe there was a process the previous admin was doing as I can deploy install tasks to any workstation(install,update,activate, etc.) there is no dns duplication but new PC's that make it onto the ERA Server are all coming up as unmanaged.

The computer details show managed as n/a and I have a circle under status instead of a green check mark.

I am using:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.148.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.3.114.0
Server is CentOS (64-bit), Version 6.7

Let me know if more details are needed, I will be happy to provide them as I continue my search for a solution. 

I was hoping to find a quick fix like a reg setting or a checkbox in a policy or something simple that I may have over looked as I am new to the product.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.
John