Anti-Phishing in Nod32 vs ESS

eshrugged
Go to solution Solved by foneil,

Is there a difference with Anti-Phishing in Nod32 and ESS?

I ask because the Anti-Phishing descriptor on ESET's Technology page (hxxp://www.eset.com/us/home/whyeset/technology/) doesn't include Nod32 in 'Related products'. I hadn't noticed that before.

Anti-Phishing is, of course, listed on Nod32's product page (hxxp://www.eset.com/us/home/products/antivirus/).

Edited by eshrugged

I have used both ESS and the stand alone av. I do not need all the extra's of ESS so I use the Eset Nods32 Antivirus. BOTH have anti phishing protection. Both are the same antivirus engine. 

post-3992-0-11439400-1428343297_thumb.png

Edited by LabVIEW707

It was probably an omission on the Technology page as both Nod and ESS are discussed in the same KB article. ( hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3100&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1428355242332).

But, can't hurt to make sure there's no difference.

I ask because the Anti-Phishing descriptor on ESET's Technology page (hxxp://www.eset.com/us/home/whyeset/technology/) doesn't include Nod32 in 'Related products'. I hadn't noticed that before.

Yes it should be listed. Your link goes to the .com/us/... tech site.

For the sake of it I checked the .com/int/...tech site (link in my signature) and NOD32 is not listed under Anti-Phi there either.

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/

Also this statement on both sites is surely not correct:

The Anti-phishing database is updated by ESET regularly (users’ computers receive data about new phishing threats every 20 minutes)

AFAIK this isn't possible, because the VSD, which includes these detections, is updated every 60 minutes by default.

Edited by rugk

Yes it should be listed. Your link goes to the .com/us/... tech site.

For the sake of it I checked the .com/int/...tech site (link in my signature) and NOD32 is not listed under Anti-Phi there either.

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/

Thanks for further verifying, SweX. Don't know if its omission is intentional because there's a difference in the modules or if it's marketing.

Also this statement on both sites is surely not correct:

The Anti-phishing database is updated by ESET regularly (users’ computers receive data about new phishing threats every 20 minutes)

AFAIK this isn't possible, because the VSD, which includes these detections, is updated every 60 minutes by default.

Good catch, rugk. I'm not positive that the Anti-Phishing updates are pushed in the VSD updates. Is the 20 minute claim marketing?

I'd like to hear definitive answers from ESET.

• ESET Moderators

I've forwarded this to get an answer, clarification or edit to the applicable pages as necessary. Good catch. 

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Answers received. 

1) EAV does indeed include Anti-Phishing and the list of products on the ESET Technology page(s) will be updated to reflect the most up-to-date list. 

2) The Anti-Phishing updates (blacklists) are pushed out every 20 minutes as stated on the Technology page. 

therefore I'm use EAV supported Anti-Phishing different for NAV, BAV, KAV not support Anti-Phishing for buy. LOL NAV, BAV, KAV  :rolleyes:

i love u EAV  :P

2) The Anti-Phishing updates (blacklists) are pushed out every 20 minutes as stated on the Technology page. 

So it's not updated with the VSD updates? Interesting...