Issues with Internet access on Ubuntu 24.04LTS

I've recently installed ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux Desktop, on my Ubuntu machine. It installed fine, with no errors. The next day, when I booted the laptop, I did not have Internet connection, nor the WiFi simbol appeared. When doing 'ip a', the wlan interface was down. I ran 'nmcli device', and the wlan interface was unavailable. I ran 'rfkill list', and the wlan interface was "soft blocked: on". I tried to execute 'rfkill unblock', and it seemed it worked, the interface was showing up as UP and with an IP assigned to me, but still, i did not have Internet connection, nor the WiFi simbol appeared. I decided to uninstall the antivirus, rebooted, and everything returned to normal.

To round up the idea, despite not having Internet, nor the WiFi icon, on the wifi settings I was connected to the network. Tried thetering my laptop with the phone, but still was facing connectivity issues until I uninstalled the software.

Yes, the system was up-to date, as well the software.

What is causing this?

Thank you, much appreciated.

Edited by Alex L
spellcheck