v6 x64 on Win 8

DrTeeth

Hi,

I find I can use a click (left or right) on the system tray icon to temporarily disable protection. However, after that a click (left or right) no longer works and the icon becomes useless. No other use of the systray icon causes this issue - only protection disabling.

Using the latest v6 version.

Has this been reported before or am I the first :( ?

I had a busy day yesterday, installing 6 PC licences on 15 installs of windows :o (all PCs multiboot). Once I have caught my breath, I'll give my Linux distos the ESET treatment ;) .

UPDATE:- The issue is evident with the Win 7 x64 install on the same PC. The PC in question is a laptop, with an Intel 3000 HD graphics chipset with an nVidia 630M card (Optimus).

Regards

DrT

Edited by DrTeeth

• Administrators

What exact build of v6 do you have installed? You mentioned that you have WIn7 and Win8 installed on the same pc. Do you mean you installed them on virtual machines or you replaced Windows 7 with Windows 8 or vice-versa?

Hi Marcos,

The build I have is 6.0.316.0.

I have windows 7 and Windows 8 installed into their own primary partitions and they boot independantly. All my PCs are multibooting in that way - each OS in its own primary partition. I have 8 OS so far (three windows and 5 Linux) on this particular PC - the one that is experiencing the issue above. I updated the graphics drivers for the main Intel chipset to the latest without any difference. There is some strangeness with the Win XP system tray icon, abut at least it works correctlt afterwards.

I do have the facilities to produce and MP4 with audio showing the issue if you would like it. Is it okay to have live links in these forum posts or would you like the link emailed to tech support/your good self.

With kindest regards

DrT

• Administrators

Since we were unable to reproduce the issue, I wonder if other users who have encountered the issue could report it here.

The simple work around is to have an Icon for ESET on the desktop for easy access.

Marcos, happy to run any tests, reg changes or debug builds. I frequently back up so am safe for any mishaps.

DrT