ERA 6, Upgrade OVA to latest version?

Go to solution Solved by merickson,

Hello all,

Any idea how to upgrade the OVA to the latest version?

I saw a post about this new OVA version being released. I already have this deployed and everything running great... however I really need to upgrade because of this new fix: (Improved: You can disable Windows Security Center monitoring of Antivirus and Firewall, and System Updates settings). It's driving me nuts right now.

I attempted to upgrade my install by downloading the latest Linux installer for 6.1.28.0, Server-Linux-x86_64.sh. Upon executing it, it fails with a 1910: Error occured while preparing the database upgrade. It also breaks the server.

When I look at /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/EraServerInstaller.log, it does have an indication of the problem: "Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation"

That's the extent of my technically abilities for now, and I think I'll just wait until someone helps out here. :D

If anyone else has attempted this, I have figured out that by running /root/eset_installers/Server-Linux-x86_64-6.1.336.0.sh again will fix everything the way it was before.

Thanks for any info!

-Mark

I may be able to help. When in the console you can grant 'SUPER' privileges to the era user. Go into mysql like so: mysql -u root -p

When prompted for the password use the one you have set or if you haven't set any then it is just eraadmin

When inside mysql run this command: grant SUPER on *.* to era@'localhost' identified by 'eraadmin'; - substitute your era password.

Then exit; and goto your installers and run the .sh file again.

You shouldn't get the issue again plus the repair / upgrade will get you back to a working state.

Hope this helps.

I should probably mention that my GRANT is probably far too broad. You may be able to restrict it to era_db first to see if this is enough access. Eg. grant SUPER on era_db.* to era@'localhost' identified by 'eraadmin'; Remember to type in your ERA account password or if you didn't set one then eraadmin should do it.

• Solution

I can confirm that rcraig's suggestion worked great! Thank you very much!

Steps taken:

mysql -u root -p

grant SUPER on *.* to 'era'@'localhost' identified by 'PASSWORD';      (I only have one thing using this database, so I used *.* instead of era_db. Substitute the password of course.)

./Server-Linux-x86_64.sh  runs with no errors now.

-Mark

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

we are preparing a new KB article covering the upgrade scenarios and taking the feedback we got into account.

I will let you know once it's ready.

Thank you.

P.R.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

promised KB articles:

How do I upgrade ESET Remote Administrator 6.1.21 to version 6.1.28? (Windows)

How do I upgrade ESET Remote Administrator 6.1.21 to version 6.1.28? (Linux)

Please let us know if there is a scenario not described or something what does not work as described or expected.

Thank you.

P.R.