Problem with Eset Endpoint Security 11.1.2039.2 and Outlook 2019

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Mauro Lourenco said:

Any news about this problem?

ERA got updated today, is it fixed with this update?

Please disable this setting until a new version of Endpoint is released later this year:

image.png

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Gadulowaty said:

Marcos, can you give me a hint on the expected release date ?

As far as I know, Endpoint v12 should be released in 24/Q4.

image.png

I've had the same problem for the last month and I eventually turned off "add recipient address from outgoing messages" and no problem for the last few days.  

I have also run into this issue across multiple machines on Endpoint Security and Endpoint Antivirus.

"add recipient address from outgoing messages" only shows up in Endpoint Security settings so I have had to disable Outlook integration on Endpoint Antivirus.

Is this correct?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Jamez0 said:

"add recipient address from outgoing messages" only shows up in Endpoint Security settings so I have had to disable Outlook integration on Endpoint Antivirus.

We haven't been reported any such issues with ESET Endpoint Antivirus. Please raise a support ticket for help with further   troubleshooting of the issue.

I can't tell you how many days I struggled until I found this page, the problems with the management were also an added bonus. In such cases, you should share the solution with the IT administrator accounts.

Hello,

so disabling "Add recipient addresses from outgoing messages" from Policy is enough? Or have I to disable Integration with MS Outlook?

Thank you.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, IggyAl said:

so disabling "Add recipient addresses from outgoing messages" from Policy is enough?

Yes, that should suffice.

Facing that issue on our clients and discovered today it was ESET, very disappointing. Can confirm that removing "Add recipient addresses from outgoing messages" is working and is enough.

When can we expect new version with that bug solved?

Thanks,

Edited by rubencastello90

• Administrators

As far as I know there are no plans to release another v11 hotfix as Endpoint 12 is just around the corner.

On 8/26/2024 at 9:41 AM, ozan ipek said:

I can't tell you how many days I struggled until I found this page, the problems with the management were also an added bonus. In such cases, you should share the solution with the IT administrator accounts.

exactly. Thus we are considering to change eset for something else... We would appreciate modest engineers rather then "visionaries and philosophers changing the world" :) ... 

On 8/28/2024 at 12:54 PM, Marcos said:

As far as I know there are no plans to release another v11 hotfix as Endpoint 12 is just around the corner.

Do you have any public documentation for upcoming releases? It would be great if we could have something for us to see what new or existing feature changes will bring to our protection. Is there anything you could share about v12? Thanks.

On 8/28/2024 at 4:00 AM, Marcos said:

Endpoint v12 is planned for 24/Q4.

as I complained before,version changes too fast. we need an old stable version for enterprise, not a fancy toy with experimental new functions. I believe V12 will hit by another new bugs and need to wait for next new version to fix.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, tbsky said:

as I complained before,version changes too fast. we need an old stable version for enterprise

That's why we added the setting allowing you to control auto updates. If you want to stay at a specific version for a long time because it turned out to be stable enough in your environment, you can set it up here:

image.png

image.png

The security product also shows the date of product support end:

image.png

I would also mention here that ESET still supports v6.5 released 6 years ago for those who have special environments and cannot upgrade yet. Extended support is provided as an extra service.

20 hours ago, Marcos said:

That's why we added the setting allowing you to control auto updates. If you want to stay at a specific version for a long time because it turned out to be stable enough in your environment, you can set it up here

I would also mention here that ESET still supports v6.5 released 6 years ago for those who have special environments and cannot upgrade yet. Extended support is provided as an extra service.

Yes that's what we do. we are lucky since we never use newest Eset products. but sill get trapped a few times.(although we had checked the forum reports and decide  the version seems ok). I am afraid the bug report will be postponed if few people are using new products because lower quality.

it seems not easy to revert to old version when new version can not work. Please correct me if there are easy ways to revert.

about old version. I had asked bug reports/questions  about win7(eset 10.1)/ windows LTSC support policy. but there is no response in the forum. so I think the "6.5" thing is a special exception. 

Edited by tbsky

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, tbsky said:

Yes that's what we do. we are lucky since we never use newest Eset products. but sill get trapped a few times.(although we had checked the forum reports and decide  the version seems ok). I am afraid the bug report will be postponed if few people are using new products because lower quality.

Like any other software products or even operating system, new versions always introduce also some bugs. There's nothing like a 100% bug free software. Since you say you have never used our newest products, I wonder how you got trapped a few times as you claim, please elaborate.

13 minutes ago, tbsky said:

it seems not easy to revert to old version when new version can not work. Please correct me if there are easy ways to revert.

To downgrade to an older version, it's necessary to:
- uninstall the current version
- reboot the machine
- install an older version.
Av is deeply integrated in the operating system so there's no easier way unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, tbsky said:

about old version. I had asked bug reports/questions  about win7(eset 10.1)/ windows LTSC support policy. but there is no response in the forum. so I think the "6.5" thing is a special exception.

The latest statement on LTSC support I found is as follows:

ESET does not provide support for LTSC builds of Windows, so we can’t guarantee product compatibility for the time period supported by Microsoft. In theory, such customers could apply for Extended support under the regular conditions.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Like any other software products or even operating system, new versions always introduce also some bugs. There's nothing like a 100% bug free software. Since you say you have never used our newest products, I wonder how you got trapped a few times as you claim, please elaborate.

To downgrade to an older version, it's necessary to:
- uninstall the current version
- reboot the machine
- install an older version.
Av is deeply integrated in the operating system so there's no easier way unfortunately.

The latest statement on LTSC support I found is as follows:

ESET does not provide support for LTSC builds of Windows, so we can’t guarantee product compatibility for the time period supported by Microsoft. In theory, such customers could apply for Extended support under the regular conditions.

I don't need to mention old case. here is the example right? when v12 comes out at Q4  if you think v11.1 is an old stable version and you get trapped. people found this thread are lucky. there is no "known issue" page about old product.

so there is indeed no easy way to revert. it will spent a lot of time when something goes wrong.

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Microsoft support IoT Enterprise LTSC for 10 years. and shrink normal Enterpirse LTSC for 5 years. I don't understand why 5 years compatibility can not be guaranteed. LTSC basement is basically the same as windows server version. it is not a very special version.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, tbsky said:

I don't need to mention old case. here is the example right? when v12 comes out at Q4  if you think v11.1 is an old stable version and you get trapped. people found this thread are lucky. there is no "known issue" page about old product.

On critical systems you can install an older version with auto-updates disabled. According to https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/product_tables.html, older versions receive limited support for 3-4 years. The current v11.1 will reach EOL on July 31, 2027.

I would also recommend to configure Endpoint on a couple of non-critical systems to update from the pre-release update channel so that they receive both module and program updates some time before they are released for all users. While the modules and products undergo intensive pre-release QA tests before being put on the pre-release update channel, it is impossible to run QA tests on thousands of various system configurations so it's normal that new versions may introduce certain bugs. For this reason we don't release modules nor products at once for all users but a full release usually takes weeks and if a non-trivial problem is reported, we react accordingly and typically stop the release.