EFDE - User is disabled and no Encryption dialog at ESET Protect on-prem

Madikos
Go to solution Solved by Kstainton,

Hello, i've got a wierd situation.

One of workstations was encrypted by eset full disk encryption since 10.2023 and everything was great until today.

After start and entered the password, it showed up info about User disabled. So i log in into Eset protect and didn't find the encryption dialog as at any other encrypted machine. 

image.thumb.png.9783e567d0e07bc5ed29fa2d14da3b82.png

I've made a ticket to support and still waiting for the answer 😕

Anyone had a situation like this?? Is it still possible to decrypt disk or all data are lost?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hi @Madikos,

Have you got the Workstation ID, or can you acquire it from the EFDE Client machines Pre-boot login screen? It will be located at the bottom.

You can use this to acquire the Recovery Password (Required to unlock the FDE User) or Recovery Data (Required to decrypt outside of Windows)

In order to use the Workstation ID to acquire either of these, please do the following:

In the top bar of the ESET Protect management console, click -> Help -> Encryption recovery. Then select either "Recovery Password" or "Recovery Data".

As for why the ESET Protect management console is not displaying the Encryption Dialogue screen I am afraid you will have to wait for a reply on your support case as I am not able to assist you on this I am afraid. I am only able to assist with our Encryption Product line. 

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Kstainton said:

Hi @Madikos,

Have you got the Workstation ID, or can you acquire it from the EFDE Client machines Pre-boot login screen? It will be located at the bottom.

You can use this to acquire the Recovery Password (Required to unlock the FDE User) or Recovery Data (Required to decrypt outside of Windows)

In order to use the Workstation ID to acquire either of these, please do the following:

In the top bar of the ESET Protect management console, click -> Help -> Encryption recovery. Then select either "Recovery Password" or "Recovery Data".

As for why the ESET Protect management console is not displaying the Encryption Dialogue screen I am afraid you will have to wait for a reply on your support case as I am not able to assist you on this I am afraid. I am only able to assist with our Encryption Product line. 

Thank you.

You are the man :) i've tried this option with Recovery Data, but in polish interface and it said that ID is incorrect 😕

Now in english gui and recovery password, showed up correct recovery password :) 

Thanks for very fast reply :)

• ESET Staff

Hi @Madikos,

Very strange that when using Polish UI it was saying the ID was wrong. I would mention that in your support case as I wonder if that is an issue in itself.

Glad you managed to acquire it using the English UI at the very least you can access that workstation now.

Of course, no problem at all.

Thank you :D